Oh man...it happened!! One of my children cut HIS own hair! I know this happens all the time, and it's totally hilarious after the fact....but I really never thought my kids would do it.
I trimmed Dillon's hair on Wednesday because it was getting a bit shaggy and getting in his eyes. He's really good when I trim it as long as he can watch a show. We went and picked Bridget up at school (she had play practice), she did her homework, we played outside, we ate dinner, and I worked on the dishes. While I was in the kitchen talking to Brian (he has been in CA all week for work) Bridget runs in the kitchen and says that Dillon was cutting his hair! I said, WHAT? and ran in the living room. There on the floor was a large clump of hair and the scissors were in Dillon's hand. Oh man! He cut off a large chunk of bangs. Apparently he wanted to touch up what I did earlier. HAHA It is really my fault, because I left the scissors out. I'm just really glad that he didn't cut himself - they are sharp hair cutting scissors that I usually leave up high in my bathroom.
Needless to say yesterday I trimmed his hair again. I really thought I was going to have to give him a buzz cut, but I think what I did looks pretty good. I cut everything shorter, so that it was closer to his new bang length. It's going to take some getting used to...my baby looks older, but the new haircut seems to make his eyes brighter!
This is a before shot - Tuesday night at Soccer.
Wednesday - after I trimmed his hair.
The CUT....
Looks like a different kid, huh?!
The new do (it can be spiked a bit too, but Dillon wasn't too crazy about that)
I guess he's happy with his new hair. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment