Saturday, April 18, 2009

many posts

Keeping up with blogging is not an easy task. There are days that I don't even turn on my computer. I'm trying to do it. I'd love for it to be like an online journal of the kids - what they are doing/saying. I do that some on paper - but I am not so consistent with it. I'll go several weeks without writing anything. Tonight I had a power blogging session and posted several things. I will try to stay on task and post more often - even if I don't have a picture. It's fun to post the funny things the kids are doing - for example:

Dillon is saying Daddy (emphasis on the dd) all the time...and is so excited to see Daddy when he gets home from work (when he actual goes into the office). Gosh - he's saying so much. The other day he walked around the house saying "uh-oh I did it." hilarious! I was calling Molly yesterday and Dillon started yelling "olly." Dillon used to say thank you by making the sound hmmm-hm, but in the last couple of days he's started saying "ta-ta." I guess it's evolving and eventually he'll say thank you. We've been listening to some Dr. Suess stories on CD. One is about the scary green pants - and in the end the pants and the boy say "hello" to each other - the boy in a high voice and the pants in a low voice. Today Dillon was saying hello in both voices - or at least trying to do the low voice...it was funny! But I tell you - boys are trouble - or 2nd children. He is a climber, and has an insatiable curiosity (i love it though). However, he couldn't be more cuddly and lovable.

Bridget is very interested in what words mean (and I don't think I'm always very good at giving her good 4 year old meanings - must break out the dictionary). Her imaginative play is awesome - she's always making up stories with her princess dolls and barbies. Sometimes when she goes to bed she'll stay up and read a couple books to help her get tired. The other night Brian was getting her some books and she said, "I would prefer you put the new books under the library books b/c I prefer to read them first." :) She's just growing up so fast. I don't know how she got so incredibly tall and she's only going to get taller. She's a big kid now. But she's still my cuddly and lovable girl.

No comments: